Reasons Why People Believe the PreTrib Rapture!

July 17, 2010 at 10:21 PM 8 comments

I’m trying to compile all the reasons people SAY that PreTrib Rapturists believe in the PreTrib Rapture.

Please feel free to participate with your comments at the end of this brief blog, but please, hold your sarcasm and/or denigrating attitude in check.  All I want from people is a brief sentence or two that you have heard why PreTribbers believe what they do.

For instance, here are two reasons that you may have heard:

1. PreTribbers want to avoid persecution, so they believe in the PreTrib Rapture.
  2. PreTribbers are deceived.  When the Rapture does not happen before the Tribulation, they will wind up taking the mark because they are deceived.

Get the picture?  All I am looking for is any reason that you may have heard, said yourself, or read somewhere.  Please present your statement without your opinion  – I know, I would have a tough time doing that as well 🙂 – but I’m not interested in opinions at this point.  I’m only interested in the many reasons that are out there for why PreTribbers believe in a PreTrib Rapture.

I appreciate any help you can provide and I thank you ahead of time.

Entry filed under: Atheism and religion, Demonic, dispensationalism, Eastern Mysticism, emergent church, new age movement, Posttribulational Rapture, Pretribulational Rapture, Religious - Christian - End Times, Religious - Christian - Prophecy, Religious - Christian - Theology. Tags: , , .

Scientists May Have Been Wrong on Oil Spill The Race Card and the Bible by Bill Wilson

• 1. amc  |  January 26, 2011 at 3:52 AM

Interesting comment by Dan.

I’ve read similar comments by others saying they were led only by the Holy Spirit yet they believe different rapture timings.

But, personally, speaking and like Modres, I wasn’t taught a pre-trib rapture. I began as a posttribber. I read loads of post-trib and pre-wrath materials that claimed to debunk pre-trib yet ended up having to acknowledge that that position makes the most sense.

• 2. Dan Smith  |  January 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Because they have not learned to read the Bible for themselves and without commentary. So, being taught a pre-trib rapture, they will then look at the scriptures through the lens of their teachers.

Because they have not looked at the scriptures inductively, noting first ONLY observations without man’s commentary.

• 3. modres  |  January 23, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Actually, that excuse can be applied to any particular opinion or view of Scripture. I was a Christian long before I even began delving into Eschatology. After studying all the major viewpoints, it appears that the PreTrib Rapture position makes the most sense.

I know of no one who learns the Bible in a vacuum. Everyone approaches Scripture with some type of presupposition. For instance, Dave MacPherson – known for his stalwart opposition to the PreTrib Rapture, gained an understanding of the PostTrib viewpoint from his father and those who were part of his circle. Surely you must be aware of how many followers Macpherson has who take everything he says as gospel? They have simply become parrots, repeating everything he says, down to the nuances of MacPherson’s use of sarcasm.

There are people who believe in the PreTrib Rapture, MidTrib Rapture, MidWrath, PostTrib, and NoTrib Rapture viewpoints. Whatever your position is, you obviously believe without doubt that your position is the correct one. It is interesting to me that there are many who simply state that other positions (than the PostTrib Rapture view) are simply wrong, but only the PreTrib Rapture is reserved for acrimonious assault by those who disagree with that position.

If you can show me ONE (just one) person who has spent years studying the Bible and has NEVER brought any presuppositions to their study. If you have the name of someone like that, please forward it to me. I frankly do not believe that person exists….including you and including me.

Even you, Dan, how did YOU learn of your viewpoint? Check your history carefully and try to determine if prior to arriving at your own conclusions, what discussions were you part of? Who were the individuals who impacted you as you sought clarity on this issue?

The excuse that people blindly repeat what their “teachers” state is simply an excuse. It is really a form of arrogance, as if those who believe in the PreTrib position are morons and unable to think for themselves.

When I study Scripture, I use the historical-grammatical hermeneutic, which takes into account the history of the Bible itself, the culture in which it was written, as well as the use of language at the time the Bible (or individual books) were written.

There are any number of reasons why the PreTrib Rapture makes the most sense. However, to you, none of these reasons will make any sense and are therefore rejected. The reason they are rejected is because long ago, you decided that the PreTrib Rapture is wrong.

I do not mind when people disagree with my viewpoint. There are aspects of theology that am immovable on, like the deity of Jesus, the Trinity, the vicarious atonement, and the physical second coming of Jesus at the end of this age. However, there are areas within Christianity that offer wiggle room, allowing people to have differences of opinion.

What I detest is the fact that too many people today have arrived at the inexplicable belief that I (and others like me who believe in the PreTrib Rapture) are heretics, having actually lost our salvation (if we had it at all). This is unconscionable and should not be, but many who have rejected the PreTrib Rapture position, have done so with a level of acrimony that has no bearing on anything within Christianity.

• 4. BarryS  |  July 27, 2010 at 10:24 PM

You hit the nail on the head.Thanks and God Bless . P.S No, don’t go beating your wife up. lol

• 5. BarryS  |  July 26, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Would you beat your wife up before you married her?

• 6. modres  |  July 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Hi Barry,

For a minute, I did not “get” your reason, but I see. You’re saying “Why would Christ want a battered a bloody Bride?” By the way, before some read too far into your comment, you are also NOT saying that it’s okay to beat your wife up AFTER you marry her either 🙂

The truth of the matter is that – unlike Israel – Christ’s Bride is ALREADY perfected. His shed blood has FULLY cleansed each and every authentic Christian. We do NOT need to go through trials and persecutions in order to be perfected. Those are just a part of life.

Many people do not seem to understand the doctrine of the Church and salvation. According to Ephesians 2, we are ALREADY seated with Christ in the heavenlies and we ALREADY have all blessings – more than we know.

• 7. modres  |  July 17, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Thanks Marie!

• 8. marie swanson  |  July 17, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Because in the Bible when you read about Noah and Lot, God warns his people first, then others are warned, but only Noah and his family were saved because there were obedient, and only Lot and his two daughters were saved for the same reasons.

Our Books on Amazon