Will You Succumb to the Coming Great Deception? Part Two

June 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM 7 comments

In the first article in this short series, we went to 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 to show the dangers in the form of a horrific deception that will engulf the world at some point in the future. I noted that the coming deception will be ushered in with heavy doses of supernatural evil from Satan as well as a delusion that God Himself will send so that those who have not loved the truth will succumb.

I also pointed out that there is an antidote so to speak. That antidote is a love of God’s truth. For those who love His truth, the promise that is built into the 2 Thessalonians 2 section is that they will be immune from the supernaturally created evil and God-ordained delusion surrounding the upcoming events.

But what does that mean “to love the truth”? In order to actually love the truth, a person has to be familiar with it, correct? You can’t love something that is completely foreign to you.

Today’s average Christian is far from familiar with God’s Word. Would it be a huge understatement to say that many to most churchgoers today do not read His Word regularly? Would it be incorrect to say that most people who attend church today do not pray on a regular basis, or seek God and His wisdom through His Word?

Would it be completely off the wall to declare that many to most who attend churches today are woefully ignorant when it comes to the events that make up the events of these last days, leading to the return of Jesus? I have taught many classes on events of the End Times. I routinely answer questions by people who really should know, at the very least, the basics. yet, they don’t.

How can people love the truth if they do not know it at all? Because there is so much controversy surrounding end time events, I am becoming more and more convinced that those who have absolutely no knowledge will be ripe for the coming deception. Because they know virtually nothing about how events stack up, they won’t know anything.

Most Christians will tell you that one day, Jesus will return to this earth. That’s all they know. He will return. I’m glad they know that, but isn’t it important to understand and know what – if any – events there are that will occur leading up to that major event?

Because too many people know nothing about it (except He will return), they are so open to deception, it’s pitiful.

What if – based on what we learned from 2 Thessalonians 2 – that Satan has the audacity to create an event that is so real and so virtual regarding the return of “Jesus” at some point in the future, that those who only know that Jesus is going to return will actually think that this fake event is the real one?

As I mentioned in the last article on this subject, I believe that whatever event is used to reveal the Antichrist to the world (as the counterfeit Jesus) is going to be so real, so unexplainable, that it will knock people’s socks off! Isn’t that what the text says? The revealing of the Antichrist will be accompanied by lying signs and wonders from Satan and buttressed by a supernatural deception provided by God Himself. This means that this event – whatever it will be – is going to be so graphically real that only the truly elect will not be taken in by it!

Will it be something that happens in the sky that actually appears to open some type of heavenly portal? Will it be similar in scope to what occurred at the water baptism of Jesus when the heavens opened, the Spirit came down like a dove and the voice of God the Father could also be heard?

What if the event is a fake Rapture event, made to look as though millions of people were removed from the earth? If you thought you were going to be taken in a Rapture but weren’t, would you start to be concerned.

I’m willing to bet that the event that reveals the Antichrist to the world will come with all the pomp and circumstance of a king returning to his castle. Moreover, it will likely be validated by the head of the Roman Catholic Church, which will make it even more convincing!

But think of all the churchgoers who have no clue about end time events aside from the fact that Jesus is one day coming back. Maybe they don’t even have that. They rarely read their Bibles. They don’t pray that much. Maybe they’re just Christians in name only.

These people will be on the deceived list because they will not have the truth within them to fight the deception, will they?

If you’ve been reading my blog (or books) for any length of time, you know that theologically, I lean toward the theory that the Rapture will happen prior to the Tribulation.

But here’s the thing on that. Over the past year or so, I’ve grown to the point where I don’t care when the Rapture happens. It doesn’t matter to me at all. The Lord knows what He’s doing and the worse case scenario is that the Rapture doesn’t happen and I and my loved ones go through the Tribulation. That God’s choice. Am I ready to accept that? Yes.

In the end though, I don’t think the people who have studied the end times are the ones who will necessarily be deceived. I think it’s the ones who haven’t studied it at all and have no biblical awareness of the subject that will be open to deception.

If we are here when Antichrist is revealed, and we understand what has taken place, who do you think God will be using to spread the Gospel of truth so that those who are being deceived can be presented with the truth? That’s right – us.

Imagine this scenario: Antichrist is revealed in such an awe-inspiring and startlingly real way that millions of people are deceived. However, those who love the truth are not. Can you imagine the ministry that would be given to us then?!

We would be true light-bearers against whatever Satan is allowed to throw at us. Whether it happens this way or not, I would like you to ask yourself one question: are you willing to go through it if God wants to use you for that purpose?

We’ll be back with probably one more installment in this series, so stay tuned.

Entry filed under: Demonic, Dr. Fred, Eastern Mysticism, new age movement, rapture, Religious - Christian - End Times, Religious - Christian - Theology, Satanism, second coming.

Will You Succumb to the Coming Great Deception? Part One Will You Succumb to the Coming Great Deception? Part Three

• 1. Sherry  |  June 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Yes! I’m ready to go through whatever should happen if the Rapture is not pre-trib or mid-trib. We will joyfully share the Gospel and we will see the Lord’s work through us and for us against His enemies. That will be an awe-filled time! Praise Jesus!

I love the study of the End Times but still feel as if I’m as dumb as a box of rocks on it. Maybe I’m not, but it seems that way at times when others challenge my beliefs on it.

FTA: If we are here when Antichrist is revealed, and we understand what has taken place, who do you think God will be using to spread the Gospel of truth so that those who are being deceived can be presented with the truth? That’s right – us

Don’t forget the Two Witnesses and those of Israel God has marked out for the Tribulation evangelism. To me, we aren’t all that necessary so the pre-trib Rapture is still possible while the Trib saints will have their witnesses.

One more thing, I believe God will give the strong delusion to those who rejected the truth of salvation prior to the Rapture/Great Tribulation. But those who had not understood the Gospel will have the opportunity to come to Christ for salvation. If anyone says (and I’ve heard it!), When the Rapture happens then I’ll believe in God and the Gospel, then they will be given that strong delusion for waiting until they see the sign they are looking for.

• 2. modres  |  June 27, 2014 at 6:17 PM

You’re not dumb at all (I’ve read your articles). We can all learn more about God and His Word.

I think if we’re here when Antichrist is revealed, we will definitely be used to spread His Gospel – absolutely. Because of it, many will be persecuted to death and this may also be – at least in part – the catalyst that brings the 144,000 to the fore. Since they will be Jewish, they will see us Gentiles standing against the type of persecution that will exist then and will be moved by “jealousy” (as Paul states in Romans 9-11) to receive Jesus as Lord, Savior, and Messiah.

Yes, I agree and according to the Bible, as long as they have not taken the Mark of the Beast, there is hope for them.

• 3. Sherry  |  June 27, 2014 at 6:41 PM

So, if God gives strong delusion to those we evangelize, if we are here to do so, will we be wrong in asking Him to lift that delusion?

Thanks for your comment about my End Times knowledge. My curiosity to know more about what is to come is how I found your site. I’ve been very busy of late but I’m glad to be able to hear your 15 minute teachings and I am about to start reading one of your e-books, Falling Away.

• 4. modres  |  June 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM

In my opinion, we should ask Him to remove the delusion. I’m always asking Him to open people’s eyes that they might see the truth and then EMBRACE that truth. To me, it will be no different when the Antichrist is here. One of the reasons God sends the delusion – in my opinion – is to make it that much easier for Antichrist to climb to the top of the heap as eventual world ruler. That’s one part of it. Of course, the other – main part – has to do with God judging those who have constantly and consistently rejected His truth.

Glad you can keep up. It’s nice to have you commenting again. I’ve been thinking (and praying for you) not knowing what you’re situation has been. I will be placing my latest book – “Rome Rising” – up on my website very soon as a downloadable PDF. I would really appreciate your opinion on that one when you get a chance to read it.

• 5. Sherry  |  June 28, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Thank you very much for the prayers. God has answered them. It was/is family and having computer problems-I uploaded the newest IE and it made my blog, QNO, go jiggy on me. I switched to Firefox for now.

I’m glad that we can continue to pray as we have been for the lost even during the Tribulation, if we are here.

Thanks for the heads up on the new e-book! God bless you for blessing us with these books of yours.

• […] what this will mean and entail. In our first four articles on this subject – here, here, here, and here – we discussed some of the ways and means that Satan (Lucifer for those who […]

• […] our last entry in this series, we discussed the very real possibility that Satan has something planned by way of a deception that […]

Donate to Study-Grow-Know 501 (3)(c) Non-Profit)